As one of San Diego’s first suburban neighborhoods, North Park has long boasted its own neighborhood library although the location has changed several times. The first library opened in the Plymouth Center Church in 1923. After moving to a storefront on Grim Street and then to a location on Ray Street, the North Park Library opened in a new 3,560-square-foot building on 31st Street in 1959. The building was remodeled and expanded to 8,000 square feet in 1987. Offering a variety of children and family programs, the library also continues to be an active participant in community-wide events.