April Events in North Park
Whether you are visiting San Diego or a local that is looking to Explore San Diego, our weekly “Things To Do in North Park” features a little bit of something for everyone! Our walkable neighborhood is filled with creative urban art and lined with San Diego’s finest breweries, North Park is conveniently located just 5 minutes from Mission Valley or Balboa Park and 10 minutes from the Historic Gaslamp Quarter. Have an upcoming event? Email email@example.com for a potential feature.
Join us every Thursday from 3pm to 7:30pm at our weekly North Park Thursday Market! Click here to download coupons.
Save the date for our Summer Solstice Party on Thursday, June 20th!
April 6th – Fiestas: Tidbits, Margaritas & More Book Signing with Marcela Valladolid
Splash Wine Lounge will be partnering with two non-profits during the month of April. On 4/15 and 4/29 their kitchen is open from 6:30-9:30, and they will donate 10% of all sales after happy hour ends at 6:30.
- · April 15th is The Chicano Federation
- · April 29th is Engineers Without Borders.
- · Bivouac Ciderworks will release a new Spring menu (designed by Chef Marcus Twilegar) on April 16.
- · Happy hour remains everyday 4-6pm with awesome food and drink specials, and now featuring $1 oysters.
- · On April 14, at 2pm, Bivouac will be hosting a plant-making party with Cuffel Farms teaching a class on air plant art. Tickets will be available through eventbrite and will include a frame, air plants, and a Bivouac Cider.
- · On April 28, at 2pm, Bivouac will be hosting a fundraiser for Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Trailblaze Challenge, we will also be celebrating the release (for distribution) of our Halyard (mango-habanero) cider. There will be a raffle and auction with exciting prizes, proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish foundation.
- · 4/12 – Film & Float / Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- · 4/21 – Easter Brunch on the Veranda / Easter Brunch
- · 5/5-9/1 – Sip & Swim Monthly Series / Sip & Swim
April 13th – UNFOLDING is an art exhibition featuring San Diego based contemporary artists Andrew Alcasid, Mary Jhun Dandan, Laurie Nasica, Sofía Silva and Melissa Walter. The exhibition will be presented in their new space.
- Inside/Outside:· Meet the outside artists and participate in the collaboration!
- · Saturday, May 11th 12-5pm, during theSDCCU Festival of Arts in North Park
- · Come learn more about the prison system, Project PAINT, and this specific exhibition – you’ll have the chance to meet Project PAINT staff and participating artists and to contribute, through visual art and/or writing, to a collaborative piece with an incarcerated artist.
- · Our Make it Yourself community art classes are back at a new time with new activities! Every Saturday from Noon-2pm / April 6 to August 31, 2019.
- · April 6th – Color Blocking
- · April 13th – Color Story Collaging
- · April 20th – Wax Resist
- · April 27th – Watercolor
- · North Park’s Louisiana Purchase, which opened mid-March, will be launching a brand-new Happy Hour menu, along with evening Bayou Club specials and their weekend Voodoo brunch throughout April!
- · Happy Hour will be available Wednesday – Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Food specials include Crawfish Mac Skillet, Boudin Balls with Tasso cream and Biscuits and Wings, among other tasty dishes. Cocktails like the Old Fashioned, Mojito and Sazerac will all be available for $7.
- · The Bayou Club will take place Friday and Saturday from 9:00 p.m. – midnight with happy hour cocktails for $7!
- · On the weekend of April 20th, Louisiana Purchase will be launching their weekend brunch menu. Guests can enjoy dishes like LP Sardou – a 4 oz steak over English muffin and cream spinach, topped with crab boil poached eggs and a Marchand de vin and bearnaise or an Open Face Jambalaya Omelet. The Southern-inspired restaurant and cocktail bar will be offering food and drink specials throughout both Saturday and Sunday. Cocktail specials include the “Cat’s Meow” bottomless mimosas and rose for $20 a la carte or $15 with entrée.
The 23rd Annual SDCCU Festival of Arts in North Park is back Saturday, May 11th from 11AM to 10PM! Experience this local North Park tradition, with live music, live street art demonstrations, music stages and local food! This event is FREE and for all ages! Don’t miss a fun-filled day and night of entertainment in San Diego’s hippest neighborhood. Get your tickets to the Craft Beer Block TODAY!